ORA-00257: archiver error
The ORA-00257 error is a very common Oracle database error. The most likely cause of this message is that the destination device is out of space to store the redo log file.
Choose one of the following actions to resolve the problem:
- Add more space to the mount where the logs are going.
- Take a backup of the logs via RMAN and have it delete input. Please Note , If your backups are going to the same destination your archive logs are going, you need to take a backup on a different mount point.
- Delete the archive logs if it is not required to restore the database.
- Move the archivelog location to another mount/drive/location temporarily while you do one of the above.
- increase the db_recovery_file_dest_size to a larger size that will allow for more archivelogs to be written to the archivelog location.